- Large Roof Garden & Balcony Planting Applications where a lightweight subsoil is required
A Lightweight Intensive Roof Garden Subsoil version of our Lightweight Roofing Soil, for use when specified in larger roof planting schemes where a subsoil layer is required.
Our Lightweight Roofing Subsoil is a blend of clean 10mm screened premium sandy subsoil blended with 4-10mm LECA, a Lightweight Expanded Clay Aggregate, which when combined reduces the subsoils bulk density whilst increasing drainage. The end result is a premium lightweight subsoil medium that is very similar in nutrient value and performance to that of a natural subsoils. An essential material for larger Roof Gardens, Balcony Planters and Podiums and all lightweight planting applications where the point loadings need to be significantly reduced.
- All our Lightweight soils are tested by Tim O’Hare Associates, the UK’s leading soil scientist, to their own specification which far exceeds the requirements of the British Standard.
- Scientifically verified
- Bulk Density (At Field Capacity) 1.7 g/cm3
- Bulk Density (At Saturation) 1.7 g/cm3
- Balanced Alkaline pH
- Fully compliant to industry standards and beyond
- Screened to 10mm
- Free draining
- Peat Free