All our bulk bag and handy bag deliveries are made on a standard (non-returnable) timber pallet using leading National Palletised Distribution specialists.
We aim to dispatch all orders the next working day (Monday – Friday) wherever possible with deliveries normally being made between 9am and 6pm. Our standard delivery service is on a 3 day pallet service, however you also have the option to upgrade your delivery to a next working day delivery on orders placed before 12.00am on the day of ordering (please note: orders placed at weekends or bank holidays will be dispatched the next working day for delivery the following working day). We also offer a timed delivery service (am/pm or pre-10am) or a Saturday delivery service for urgent orders, all of which can be selected when in the shopping cart, but please note that surcharges may apply. Alternatively, if you have any queries or require any help regarding your delivery, please contact us on 01306 877540.
Delivery drivers will aim to contact you an hour before delivery to inform you of their arrival, so a valid telephone number is essential.
PALLET TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Access to delivery sites must be on hard roads over which a delivery vehicle can pass without sustaining or causing damage of any kind. Access must also avoid low bridges and low overhead wires. (Please refer to delivery truck dimensions below)
- Pallet deliveries are guaranteed to KERBSIDE only, we cannot deliver over loose or uneven ground i.e. not gravel, shingle or grass. However, when a driveway or delivery area is relatively flat and smooth, our palletised distribution specialists will endeavour to drop your pallet onto your driveway or alternative flat smooth area close to the delivery vehicle. Please note our delivery drivers are not able to carry materials up inclines, along small paths or to rear gardens.
- When delivery is required to a property with a gravel drive, the customer must be present to assist removing the bags by hand from the vehicle, please note that this will not be possible for bulk bags which can only be left at the kerb.
- All pallets are NON-RETURNABLE, it is your responsibility to dispose of the pallet(s), which make great firewood.
- When a 7.5 tonne vehicle is required, please note the maximum weight these vehicles can carry is approximately two tonnes. If you require multiple pallets delivering, these may need to be spread over separate delivery dates. Some 7.5 tonne vehicles have weaker tail lifts, which are not suitable for full pallets of small bags and may require the customer to manually remove a layer of bags. It is recommended with small bag orders on small truck deliveries to order 30/36 bags max per pallet to avoid this.
- If you need to reschedule your delivery, you must give us at least 24 hours notice. Unplanned redeliveries are charged at £30 per pallet.
- Any orders returned to us once the products are in transit will be refunded minus the cost of transport, to and from the delivery postcode at approx £40+VAT per pallet to English destinations (additional charges may apply to Scotland & Wales). Goods must be returned in the condition that they were received, shrink wrapped and accessible by a pallet pump truck and pallet collection vehicle.
- Orders cannot be cancelled without incurring costs once goods have been dispatched. Goods are typically dispatched 3 working days prior to delivery. Please call for more information.
Delivery Truck Dimension’s
Please Note: Premium Topsoil Supplies cannot be held liable for costs incurred due to delayed deliveries. The majority of consignments go out through the Palletways network, which delivers 22,000 pallets in the UK per day and has an on day/on time success rate of 97.6% (correct as of November 2015).
All of our Palletways consignments offer full tracking data with real time information, which will be emailed to you once the consignment has left our care.
7.5 Tonne Pallet Vehicle with Tail Lift
|Length||6M – 8.5M|
|Max Weight||7.5 Tonnes|
|Comparable To||Fire Engine, Dust Bin Lorry|
18 Tonne Pallet Vehicle with Tail Lift
|Max Weight||24.5 Tonnes|
|Comparable To||Large Fire Engine|
Artic Pallet Vehicle
|Max Weight||48 Tonnes|
|Comparable To||Large SuperStore vehicle|
The Pump Truck
|Ground Clearance||3-4 CM|
|Max Weight||1000 KG|
|Suitable For||Moving pallets over level, firm surfaces|
Pump Trucks require hard standing to manoeuvre the pallets. They cannot function on loose surfaces such as gravel or grass or on soft ground.
Also, due to the ground clearance, they cannot mount curbs or climb inclines.