- School Sports & Play Areas
- Reducing Impact & Injury
- Public Activity Spaces
- Domestic, Commercial & Local Authority Uses
- Mulching & Dressing Beds & Borders
- Dressing Pathways
This superb 18-35mm graded Play Grade Pine Bark is a selected 100% natural British pine bark, which conforms fully to BN EN 1177:2008 for play area use. Easy to install and maintain, this attractive pine bark is ideal for children’s play areas, providing a safe and long lasting protective medium when applied to BSEN recommended safety depths (see safety advise below) guarantying a safe, soft landing should mishaps occur!
An attractive reddish-brown colour, this versatile premium grade Play Grade Pine Bark is also ideal for a wide range of landscaping applications, suppressing weeds and aiding water retention when used as a decorative ornamental mulch on beds and borders, providing an attractive, easy-to-maintain dressed finish.
A further benefit of this superb play surface material is its longevity, as it lasts far longer than other barks and mulches, thanks to its clean, easy-to-drain and frost resistant properties and minimal white wood content. In fact, with annual raking, this bark will retain its colour and integrity for many years to come!
This material is used widely in the UK by local authorities, schools and sports UK.
- BS EN 1177:2008 Play Certificate
- BS EN 4790:1987 Fire Tested
- FSC Certified Source
- Superb premium play surface
- Responsibly sourced
- Safe and long-lasting premium play medium
- 100% British mixed pine and spruce bark
- pH 4.5 – 5.5
- Particle Size: 15-35mm
- Less than 5% white wood
- Minimal percentage of fines
- Durability 4-6 years at 350mm
- Bulk Density 210 – 270 kg/m3
- Settlement Factor: 15%
- Ornamental appearance
- Ideal for mulching and dressing
- Resistant to frost
- Clean & non staining
- Easy install and apply
- Suppresses weed growth
- Excellent moisture retention
- Free from pathogens, pests and weed seeds
- 100% organic, providing a pleasant aroma and dark colour
For the best possible safety benefits when using this product, we recommend that you follow the RoSPA (Royal Society for Prevention of Accidents) advise, which suggests that commercial play areas have a depth of 300mm, whilst for domestic use, the depth can be reduced to 150mm, without compromising your children’s safety. Please see below the tested critical fall heights to determine the minimum safety depth requirements.
BSEN Certified Critical Fall Heights
100mm Depth 1.5m
200mm Depth 4.3m
300mm Depth 5.0m