- Acid Loving Plants and Shrubs
- Raised Beds & Planters
- Fruit & Vegetables
- Flower Borders
- Trees & Shrubs
- Mulching Acidic Beds & Borders
- Filling Pots & Containers
- Prestigious Acidic Landscape Applications
A Natural Ericaceous soil blended especially for acid loving plants, trees and shrubs such as Rhododendrons and Azaleas, this premium Ericaceous soil is blended using 100% dark rich acidic Fen soils, which are naturally Ericaceous. Unlike most ericaceous soils, our acidic soil is 100% natural, it does not include any nasty chemicals which are commonly used to artificially reduce the pH level, albeit temporarily.
With a pH typically between 4.5 and 5.5, our Natural Ericaceous soil is sustainably sourced and high in organic matter, nutrients and minerals, which helps to promote microbial activity whilst encouraging strong healthy roots and plant growth.
Our Natural Ericaceous Soil is highly fertile and blended using 100% natural materials, as such it is not unusual for a small amount of native, non invasive weeds to show when first used. Due to its high organic content, this material is not suitable for turfing or seeding.
Tested and accredited by the UK’s leading soil scientist to BS3882:2015 for Ericaceous topsoil.
You might also like our Ericaceous Elevated pH Topsoil
Our NEW Natural Ericaceous ‘Elevated pH’ topsoil has been designed and blended especially for acid loving plants which require a slightly higher ericaceous pH of around 6.0.
Click here to see more!
- Fully meets BS3882:2015 (The British Standard for Ericaceous topsoil)
- Fully conforms to the Guidance in NHBC Standards Plus 2021.
- Scientifically verified
- 100% Natural
- High Organic Matter
- Natural Low pH 4.5 – 5.5
- Full of available nutrients & minerals
- Fully compliant to industry standards and beyond
- Contaminate free
- Screened to 10mm
- Moderate drainage
- Good water retention
- Easy to use
- No additional compost required
- Peat Free
- Non manure based
- Aminopyralid free
- Suitable for immediate planting